Friday, August 20, 2010

Munch and Mobile Away

Lately I mentioned about the office folks' fun fat-burning challenge. Although I refuse to be a contingent, I myself have sworn from the masters of the universe that I will shed down unwanted flabs in the belly and ultimately make myself fit and formed in the process.


So passing along the arrays of restaurants, I was wishing I can grab non-rice based menu. I bumped along one nicely-lit interior. You know how a moth gets attracted to light?


I was ushered into a dimension of Superman-Pigs at the The Flying Pig and ordered their burger as an escape route to elude from rice intake. Or so I thought. The burger ends up two for one single order. Buy one, take one. Along with the burger comes potato chips and a basket of garlic bread. You get full at a garlic bread alone. At the end of the meal I realized that I am merely exercising futility as my inclination to burn fat rendered useless with two burgers in one setting.


The Flying Pig serves no less than pork burgers, so you just can imagine how cholesterol cosset compounded on my belly.


The Flying Pig is a diversion from the main man's "brandishing seafood typecast". The man I was referring to was Raymund Magdaluyo, the same man who forged restaurants chains like Red Crab and Seafood Club, Blu Fish Coastal Cooking, Crustacia, Paloma, Heaven 'n Eggs, Cocorama, Clawdaddy Crabhouse, American Grill, Hula Hula Seafood and Barbecue House, Blackbeard's Seafood Island, The Red Crab, Sumo-Sam, and Texas Smoke 'Em.


One thing that enamored me to choose this restaurant is their conspicuous display of flying oinkers hanging in their wall paintings and in some nooks of their interiors. Kudos to the well-defined, well-decided concept.


I've been to almost all of Raymund's restaurants and The Flying Pig is one that I can consider to be a comfort food. Oh yeah, I never like the tedious unveiling of the meats inside crabs and lobsters served by his other restaurants. Delicious but it was never fun. I don't have the luxury of time and my time is not bent on spending it that way.


The Flying Pig, I think, is a French-American bistro type with an all-meat niche concept, as simple as munch and go mobile.


Oh, I hear one oinker saying "swine and dine, and be mine." Toink :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...